This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CMSIS Precompiled Libraries

New to all this, so please help.  I want to download the CMSIS precompiled library for M4 processor.  After quite a long while searching I finally was able to find out where to download a pack, but Windows does not know how to open it.  I saw a reference to a "library installer", but cannot find how to get it, or if that is even what I need.  I want the library so I can link it with my PSoC6 project in Cypress Creator 4.4.

If the above will not work then please tell me how I can approach the problem of building the libraries in Windows.

Thanks, Russ

• Maybe I better add a little.  The reason I stressed Windows is simply because I am using Cypress Creator.  I discovered that Creator does have CMSIS included when I build a new project. It compiles but does not link, apparently because the libraries are still not there.  I get undefined references to functions like arm_mult_f32, even though those functions are declared in arm_math.h.  That file includes a section:

* Using the Library
    * ------------
    * The library installer contains prebuilt versions of the libraries in the <code>Lib</code> folder.
    * - arm_cortexM7lfdp_math.lib (Cortex-M7, Little endian, Double Precision Floating Point Unit)
    * - arm_cortexM7bfdp_math.lib (Cortex-M7, Big endian, Double Precision Floating Point Unit)
    * - arm_cortexM7lfsp_math.lib (Cortex-M7, Little endian, Single Precision Floating Point Unit)
    * - arm_cortexM7bfsp_math.lib (Cortex-M7, Big endian and Single Precision Floating Point Unit on)
    * - arm_cortexM7l_math.lib (Cortex-M7, Little endian)
    * - arm_cortexM7b_math.lib (Cortex-M7, Big endian)
    * - arm_cortexM4lf_math.lib (Cortex-M4, Little endian, Floating Point Unit)
    * - arm_cortexM4bf_math.lib (Cortex-M4, Big endian, Floating Point Unit)
    * - arm_cortexM4l_math.lib (Cortex-M4, Little endian)
    * - arm_cortexM4b_math.lib (Cortex-M4, Big endian)
    * - arm_cortexM3l_math.lib (Cortex-M3, Little endian)
    * - arm_cortexM3b_math.lib (Cortex-M3, Big endian)
    * - arm_cortexM0l_math.lib (Cortex-M0 / Cortex-M0+, Little endian)
    * - arm_cortexM0b_math.lib (Cortex-M0 / Cortex-M0+, Big endian)
    * - arm_ARMv8MBLl_math.lib (ARMv8M Baseline, Little endian)
    * - arm_ARMv8MMLl_math.lib (ARMv8M Mainline, Little endian)
    * - arm_ARMv8MMLlfsp_math.lib (ARMv8M Mainline, Little endian, Single Precision Floating Point Unit)
    * - arm_ARMv8MMLld_math.lib (ARMv8M Mainline, Little endian, DSP instructions)
    * - arm_ARMv8MMLldfsp_math.lib (ARMv8M Mainline, Little endian, DSP instructions, Single Precision Floating Point Unit)

It still looks like I need the library installer or some way of using the DSP pack.

Help please!

Russ