This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Output hex file size increased while compiling the same code in 5.33 from 4.54

Hi All,

I am trying to generate the hex file in Keil 5.33 for one of our existing code which was developed in Keil 4.54 version for the same target. 

I am getting the following error while building 

Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching anon$$obj.o(Region$$Table).
Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0x778 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).
Not enough information to list load addresses in the image map.
Finished: 1 information, 0 warning and 127 error messages.

From the above I can understand that there is a shortage in available memory which we need to either change the target with higher capacity or reduce the part from code.

But I don't have the idea why there is a difference when the code remains same. May be it is a basic question, still it will be helpful for me to understand if anyone can provide some information or share your views.

Thanks

Parents
  • MDK v5.33 comes with a CMSIS pack v5.7.0. If you are using the RTX v5.x (CMSIS RTOS2 based) in your project, you should check in RTX_Config.h if the "Global Dynamic Memory Size" and the "Default Thread Stack Size" are too big for your project. You may reduce these values, if necessary, which can reduce the memory reserved by the RTXv5.x

• MDK v5.33 comes with a CMSIS pack v5.7.0. If you are using the RTX v5.x (CMSIS RTOS2 based) in your project, you should check in RTX_Config.h if the "Global Dynamic Memory Size" and the "Default Thread Stack Size" are too big for your project. You may reduce these values, if necessary, which can reduce the memory reserved by the RTXv5.x

Children