This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uploading file to LPC2388

Hello everyone,

I am looking to upload a CSV file onto my LPC2388 board. I am currently using MDK-Lite (v5.22) with ARM compiler v5.06 (update 4, build 422). Basically, this CSV file would contain a lookup table (211x11, all unsigned char's) and my program would ideally read from it.

I looked around and have read that file systems are supported on the MDK-Plus and MDK-Professional editions, specifically looking at the EFS (embedded file system) feature. I am not entirely sure if this is what I need to get the job done; nonetheless, I would like to see if this can be done via MDK-Lite. If it can't be done with MDK-Lite, then I'll roll with either MDK-Plus or MDK-Professional.

I have also thought of using EEPROM within the LPC2388, but I quickly found out that it doesn't support that. I'm not too well-versed in IAP flash programming but seemed it promising after going through some posts on here (I figured that storing said lookup table would not take too much space in flash). I also heard of scatter files and have not read into them much, but if that is what it needed then I guess I'll do some reading on that.

With all of this in mind, could any of you provide some direction / options on how this can be done? I can also post this on the NXP forums if this is not the right place to ask.

Thank you,

- Dan