This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving from Keil Compiler 5.6 to 6.13

Hello,

I want to move from Keil Compiler 5.6 to 6.13 for my FreeRTOS based code on Cortex M4. I found out the following problems in doing so,

1) cmsis_armclang.h was not found. For this I found a compatible version from web and used that, it works but not sure if it is a good idea.

2) FreeRTOS/portable/RVDS/Cortex_M4F/portmacro.h and port.c has problems with __asm call. To solve this, I started using FreeRTOS/portable/GCC/Cortex_M4F/portmacro.h and port.c. Again this works but, not sure if it is a good idea.

3) There are some keil specific libraries like, Segger's RTT_Syscalls_Keil which does not work anymore. Can I use the GCC one here too?

Please comment on my solutions and problems. If there are better ways or something that I miss, please let me know.

Parents
  • I have an active project using CMSIS RTOS2 based on FreeRTOS and ARMCLANG v6.14. Digging into the header files:

• CMSIS > clib_arm.c > cmsis_armclang.h (C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\ARM\CMSIS\5.7.0\CMSIS\Core\Include\cmsis_armclang.h)
    • CMSIS > clib_arm.c > portmacro.h (C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\ARM\CMSIS-FreeRTOS\10.3.1\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM4F\portmacro.h)

I don't use Segger tools, so I can't answer that part of your question. 

• I have an active project using CMSIS RTOS2 based on FreeRTOS and ARMCLANG v6.14. Digging into the header files:

• CMSIS > clib_arm.c > cmsis_armclang.h (C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\ARM\CMSIS\5.7.0\CMSIS\Core\Include\cmsis_armclang.h)
    • CMSIS > clib_arm.c > portmacro.h (C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\ARM\CMSIS-FreeRTOS\10.3.1\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM4F\portmacro.h)

I don't use Segger tools, so I can't answer that part of your question. 

Children
No data