This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CMSIS DSP DCT Type IV or II

I'm trying to use the CMSIS DSP library to compute a DCT, however I don't understand how it works.

Namely what I don't understand is the pointer to the state buffer. What is this state buffer? It's an input parameter, what should be in that buffer? There appears to be no mention of it in the official documentation.

The official documentation also says that the DCT type II can be calculated using a real FFT. How would this be done?

I can't find an example using the CMSIS DSP library to compute a DCT. If anyone knows where to find one, that would also be a great help.

Thanks.

Parents
  • pState buffer is "cache-memory" with size S->N. Where S is const arm_dct4_instance_f32 * S initialized with proper init(). It is used only for caching - no data to be put in by you. It is used by the function. Try to find in your PC Drivers\CMSIS\DSP_Lib\Source\TransformFunctions\arm_dct4_f32.c 
    Happy study :) 

• pState buffer is "cache-memory" with size S->N. Where S is const arm_dct4_instance_f32 * S initialized with proper init(). It is used only for caching - no data to be put in by you. It is used by the function. Try to find in your PC Drivers\CMSIS\DSP_Lib\Source\TransformFunctions\arm_dct4_f32.c 
    Happy study :) 

Children
No data