This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil IDE hangs while typing

Hello All:

I am in dire need of help with this problem as its becoming extremely painful to work. The issue I'm having is every time I try to type something in the IDE, it hangs for 1 to  4  seconds. I tried turning off code completion, I tried upgrading to the latest version 5.29(i'm currently using 5.25.2). nothing has helped. I tried contacting Keil and even sent them a copy of my project but they could not produce the issue on their side. my laptop is a Lenovo P51 with a Xion Prcoessor so its far from slow. Also, what I noticed in the Task Manager Status column when the IDE hangs, the status will show as "Not Responding" while its hung up. Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Parents
  • Do you have the Functions Window open (View > Functions Window),  visible, and with the option Scan Project Files enabled? (Right click in the functions window to access the context menu and enable/disable that setting.) I've found that the editor can appear to hang while typing as the list of functions is scanned and updated. If the functions window is enabled but hidden or closed then I don't experience a delay.

• Do you have the Functions Window open (View > Functions Window),  visible, and with the option Scan Project Files enabled? (Right click in the functions window to access the context menu and enable/disable that setting.) I've found that the editor can appear to hang while typing as the list of functions is scanned and updated. If the functions window is enabled but hidden or closed then I don't experience a delay.

Children