This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to get an ELF file from Keil C51

Hi All,

I've been using Keil C51 compiler for sometime to compile firmware for an 8051 processor. I recently wanted to use a 3rd party firmware debugger tool and looks like they only accept ELF/DWARF files as an input. Hence I wanted to dump a ELF image from my Keil C51 which doesn't seem to be possible. After reviewing Keil documentation, I think I can only dump an object file which is of type OMF-51. 

I looked for a vendor who can provide me a tool which can accept OMF-51 but I had no luck. So I started looking to find any tools out there which can convert the OMF-51 to ELF file and I had hit a dead-end in this direction as well.

Hence as a last resort, I decided to post in this forum to see if anyone can suggest any solution. Also, it is to be noted that changing a compiler is NOT an option for me. 

Thanks

Parents
  • Yes, the Keil C51 tools produce only OMF-51 - with, possibly, Keil's proprietary extensions to OMF-51.

If you have a current licence, you could try contacting Keil support to see if they can help you ...

• Yes, the Keil C51 tools produce only OMF-51 - with, possibly, Keil's proprietary extensions to OMF-51.

If you have a current licence, you could try contacting Keil support to see if they can help you ...

Children