This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Functions menu in Keil IDE not working properly

Is it me or the Functions menu behavior is erratic in Keil IDE? I am running 5.29. Sometimes I see proper contents: file names and "+" can expand function names for each file.  Sometimes I see this:  just a bunch of function names without any relationship to the files where they are defined.  But most of the time the window goes completely blank for no apparent reason.  If I restart the IDE, it reappears again but will eventually disappear again. I am testing on a single project that I have built.  And it is one of the examples from the official Pack and it contains standard stuff, like HAL drives, some CMSIS stuff, etc.  

Parents
  • Oh, so immediately after I asked the question I noticed that the behavior can be toggled between "display functions" and "display modules". Now I see file names and functions.    But I am still not sure why sometimes the window goes completely blank.  Any ideas?  

So I tried again and noticed that the Functions window went blank after I hit F12 to navigate to a struct definition. It jumped to that struct but that blanked the Functions window.  I tried switching between Display Modules and Display Functions but it remains blank.  How do I get out of this mode?   This seems to happen when I navigate to something other function, such as a type definition.  

• Oh, so immediately after I asked the question I noticed that the behavior can be toggled between "display functions" and "display modules". Now I see file names and functions.    But I am still not sure why sometimes the window goes completely blank.  Any ideas?  

So I tried again and noticed that the Functions window went blank after I hit F12 to navigate to a struct definition. It jumped to that struct but that blanked the Functions window.  I tried switching between Display Modules and Display Functions but it remains blank.  How do I get out of this mode?   This seems to happen when I navigate to something other function, such as a type definition.  

Children