This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot load file into TM4CGXL

Hello, I am new to microprocessors. I have a Tivia TM4C123G Launch Pad. I have installed uVision V5.29.0.0 and Tera Term V4.104 on Windows 10. I have loaded the Hello World Project which compiles without error but when I try to download it I get no ULINK2/ME Device Found. Tera Term seems to communicate with the board though since when I press the reset button it displays Welcome to the Stellaris LM4f120 Launch Pad. Thanks.

Parents
  • Disclaimer: I don't have one of these boards. That said, you should only need a USB cable connected from your PC to the debug port on the board and the correct debug settings. Did you read the quickstart guide?

If uVision is complaining about a ULINK2 device not being found, it means the project is configured to use a ULINK2. Try changing the debug settings to use the Stellaris ICDI debugger. To do that, use the menu item Project > Options to open the options dialog (or press Alt+F7), click on the Debug tab, and choose Stellaris ICDI from the combobox on the right-hand side. You should also click on the Settings button to make sure that an ICDI device is visible (and usable).

If you don't see Stellaris ICDI in the combobox list, you might try CMSIS-DAP. Or, install the TivaWare LaunchPad evaluation software, which includes the drivers for the Stellaris ICDI debugger. 

You might need to tweak other project settings -- I'm not sure that the project you're using is really for the LaunchPad. 

• Disclaimer: I don't have one of these boards. That said, you should only need a USB cable connected from your PC to the debug port on the board and the correct debug settings. Did you read the quickstart guide?

If uVision is complaining about a ULINK2 device not being found, it means the project is configured to use a ULINK2. Try changing the debug settings to use the Stellaris ICDI debugger. To do that, use the menu item Project > Options to open the options dialog (or press Alt+F7), click on the Debug tab, and choose Stellaris ICDI from the combobox on the right-hand side. You should also click on the Settings button to make sure that an ICDI device is visible (and usable).

If you don't see Stellaris ICDI in the combobox list, you might try CMSIS-DAP. Or, install the TivaWare LaunchPad evaluation software, which includes the drivers for the Stellaris ICDI debugger. 

You might need to tweak other project settings -- I'm not sure that the project you're using is really for the LaunchPad. 

Children