This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Would anyone know the range of TCP ports Keil µVision is opening (I think the range is somewhere above 49151) ?

I am trying to use Keil µVision from a PC isolated on a VLAN. The license server is located outside the VLAN. Therefore, I need to open traffic to the license port (8224) and to the TCP ports that µVision is using.

It seems that µVision is not always opening the same TCP port. I saw it using port port 56632 at first, but now it is using port 49248.

Would someone know the range of TCP ports µVision is using ?

Parents
  • Which side do you see uVision opening random ports on -- server or client? ARM has a knowledge base article on troubleshooting floating license issues (ka11646.html). In my experience with FlexLM (now evolved into FlexNet, I guess), the only ports that need to be opened on the machine/network hosting the license server were for lmgrd and the vendor daemon. Both of these ports can be specified in the license file on the license server. On the client side, you specify the ports using an FLF file, created using the Floating License Administrator tool (described in the uVision help). The client will probably also respect the setting in the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE (port@host).

• Which side do you see uVision opening random ports on -- server or client? ARM has a knowledge base article on troubleshooting floating license issues (ka11646.html). In my experience with FlexLM (now evolved into FlexNet, I guess), the only ports that need to be opened on the machine/network hosting the license server were for lmgrd and the vendor daemon. Both of these ports can be specified in the license file on the license server. On the client side, you specify the ports using an FLF file, created using the Floating License Administrator tool (described in the uVision help). The client will probably also respect the setting in the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE (port@host).

Children