This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LIN collision detection

Hi,

sorry, I don't know if I'm in the right section.

I have a question about the LIN capability detection of a collision.

I studied the specification 2.2. I understood HOW the master MANAGES a collision in case of event triggered frame. But I do not understand HOW the master KNOWS that a collision occurs. 
If we suppose that two slaves send a response, only the slave that has lost the arbitration knows it. In fact this slave sees in the bus different bits than those he injected. Perhaps this slave is able to send an error message?

Please, can you help me?

Thanks

Parents
  • The collision is supposed to be caught by the master, based on the one of the checksums ending up wrong.  Optimally the frame IDs of the set of event-triggered frames would be selected such that any combination would already invalidate the PID.

• The collision is supposed to be caught by the master, based on the one of the checksums ending up wrong.  Optimally the frame IDs of the set of event-triggered frames would be selected such that any combination would already invalidate the PID.

Children