This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sd card filesystem

I have interfaced 256Mb sdcard with stm32f051 using FATFS driver, find_volume() function is giving FR_NO_FILESYSTEM response because ld_word(fs->win + BS_55AA) != 0xAA55. Please give me some solution for this issue.

Parents
  • Would assume you are interfacing via SPI.

Is the diskio read function failing? What data is being read? Is the card formatted and readable in a PC?

The 256 MB card, as Andrew points out, is very old. Some of the recent ST drivers likely don't support the old MMC command set, but rather those for the SD, and SDHC/XC ones.

I seem to recall the old cards needing a couple of CMD55 during initialization.

• Would assume you are interfacing via SPI.

Is the diskio read function failing? What data is being read? Is the card formatted and readable in a PC?

The 256 MB card, as Andrew points out, is very old. Some of the recent ST drivers likely don't support the old MMC command set, but rather those for the SD, and SDHC/XC ones.

I seem to recall the old cards needing a couple of CMD55 during initialization.

Children