This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

with CMSIS Middleware USB Device and CMSIS FreeRTOS, the enumeration is happening with Inverted or unresolved yellow symbol in stm32f103.

USB Serial Device com7 in device managerUSB Serial Device com7 in devicemanager2USB Serial Device com7 in device manager3

HI

I have the following couple of questions

QUESTION :1) what is the difference between USB drivers in the  cubemx standard hal library middleware and CMSIS USB Middleware based on the following 2 cases?

CASE:1)   In STM32CUBEMX, When I use STM32  standard Hal library for  USB device (through generate code option) ,  I get USB driver enumerated properly. Send and receive characters works fine with USB serial device com port terminal.   

CASE:2)  But If I use CMSIS Middleware USB Device and CMSIS FreeRTOS, the enumeration is happening with Inverted or unresolved yellow symbol as shown in attached pictures in USB Serial Device(COM7) in device manager(Other than thread API code is same as USB Device Virtual Com Port example code provided by arm keil). Does CMSIS Middleware USB device requires any host drivers?

QUESTION:2) I checked in the USB Device Virtual Com Port example code provided by arm keil which uses CMSIS USB Middleware abd CMSIS RTOS from the link http://www.keil.com/pack/doc/mw/USB/html/dev_cdc_tutorial.html and in their example source folder, I could find the following 3 files.

1. Mcbstm32e-vcom.inf
  2. Mcbstm32e-vcom_amd64.cat
  3. Mcbstm32e-vcom_x86.cat.

I would like to know why there is a need for INF file(VID & PID info) in this CMSIS Middleware and why these are not needed for stm32cubemx GUI based USB hal drivers.

Iam stuck in this for more than a weeks time.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Gokulnath.

Parents Reply Children
No data