This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

change colors in debug (printf) viewer

Hi,

I often use the debug (printf) viewer to display my debugging data.

Is it possible to send a "color code" in the output string to get the output in different colors? (eg.g print values in green for good results and red for bad results)
Some serial terminal programs support this, and it would be great if uVision would also support this. I didn't find this in the manual.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Unfortunately it is not possible to change the text colors in the serial- or debug(printf) window dynamically.
    These windows support a subset of the VT-100 terminal sequences to control for example the cursor position but the color codes are intentionally ignored because the current implementation of the window does support different colors. If you would use the encoding to change colors, the debug(printf) window would not display funny characters (sequences are detected and ignored).

• Unfortunately it is not possible to change the text colors in the serial- or debug(printf) window dynamically.
    These windows support a subset of the VT-100 terminal sequences to control for example the cursor position but the color codes are intentionally ignored because the current implementation of the window does support different colors. If you would use the encoding to change colors, the debug(printf) window would not display funny characters (sequences are detected and ignored).

Children