This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil uVision V5.18.0.0 Freezes after various operations for a long time

I am using uVision V5.18.0.0 running under Windows 10, building code for various STM32F parts.

My problem is that the IDE stops responding at various places for a long time, sometimes over 5 minutes, occasionally over 10, but eventually recovers.

This happens mostly at the completion of a build, occasionally on entering a debug session and occasionally when leaving a debug session.

While it isn't responding, a quick look at the Windows task manager shows the IDE is still consuming processor time, around 20%, and using a lot of memory, anything up to 2 GB!

It is becoming an issue that I have to wait for so long after running a build, and I would really appreciate a fix to this problem.

Parents
  • You mentioned issues when entering and leaving a debug session. That could be a separate issue. What debug adaptor are you using with your STM32F board? A ST-Link? A J-link? 

If so, those debug adaptors use a 3rd party dll. If you have too new of a debug adaptor, the firmware on it might not play nice with the old dll. 

See " Downgrade the firmware of the ST-LINK debug adapter:" on this page  http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3662.htm  to see if that would help. Ditto fora J-Link.

=====

If you are using a ULINKpro, ULINK2, and CMSIS-DAP, you should ask your IT group if you can update to 5.18a, since they fixed an issue with the drivers in that small patch. See: www.keil.com/.../MDK518a.htm

• You mentioned issues when entering and leaving a debug session. That could be a separate issue. What debug adaptor are you using with your STM32F board? A ST-Link? A J-link? 

If so, those debug adaptors use a 3rd party dll. If you have too new of a debug adaptor, the firmware on it might not play nice with the old dll. 

See " Downgrade the firmware of the ST-LINK debug adapter:" on this page  http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3662.htm  to see if that would help. Ditto fora J-Link.

=====

If you are using a ULINKpro, ULINK2, and CMSIS-DAP, you should ask your IT group if you can update to 5.18a, since they fixed an issue with the drivers in that small patch. See: www.keil.com/.../MDK518a.htm

Children
No data