This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PC-Lint Where to buy?

I found PC-Lint price range between $173 to $240 US.

Also, any quick comments about PC-Lint
V8.0 before I buy.

Parents

• Great tool. Don't code without it.

One nice thing is that PC-Lint has config files to work with Keil C extensions right out of the box. So you don't need to worry about all of the "interrupt" and "pdata" words scattered around in your code.

One bad thing is that the Keil header files aren't up to modern standards of const correctness, so you'll get lots of "increase in pointer capability" warnings from all the str* and mem* functions. It's fairly easily fixed by changing the library headers, but of course the next time you upgrade Keil you'll have to redo them. Perhaps the question will motivate me to go look up how to suppress those errors for just those functions.

I bought it direct from Gimpel, which of course means full MSRP.

• Great tool. Don't code without it.

One nice thing is that PC-Lint has config files to work with Keil C extensions right out of the box. So you don't need to worry about all of the "interrupt" and "pdata" words scattered around in your code.

One bad thing is that the Keil header files aren't up to modern standards of const correctness, so you'll get lots of "increase in pointer capability" warnings from all the str* and mem* functions. It's fairly easily fixed by changing the library headers, but of course the next time you upgrade Keil you'll have to redo them. Perhaps the question will motivate me to go look up how to suppress those errors for just those functions.

I bought it direct from Gimpel, which of course means full MSRP.

Children