This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MIMXRT1050 External RAM Testing and Code Execution Help

Hi,

I am using the MIMXRT1050-EVK Board which uses the ARM-Cortex M7 processor on Keilv5 Professional version. I am trying to create a ram test and then move code from the flash to external ram for execution. I am using the MDK Hello World example as a base for my project. I have tried to run a simple RAM test by copying over data to an external RAM address and reading it, but the program just hangs. My questions are:

1. What do I need to do in the flash settings to use the external RAM?

2. Do I need to edit the startup file to use external RAM?

3. Are there any external RAM testing example projects using the same board?

4. How can I move code from the flash to external RAM for execution?

5. I have tried to assign a source file to the RAM space using the Memory Assignment in the file properties, but the code still runs in flash. How can I assign code to be saved and executed from external ram using the memory assignment settings?

I have tried to follow other examples of external RAM tests but have not gotten anything to work. Any help is appreciated.

-Kamal

Parents
  • For download/debug in RAM you'd need to create a Debug Script (.INI) that brings up your external memory interface (ie clock, pins, peripheral, memory), and then LOADs the .AXF image into the RAM space you now have working.

For an app you have stored in FLASH, you need to write code, normally in SystemInit() to bring up the external memory, and once done the __main function will be able to unpack the LOAD REGIONs you describe in the Scatter File (.sct) to whatever internal/external RAMs you have functioning. Once __main initializes the statics it calls your main() function.

• For download/debug in RAM you'd need to create a Debug Script (.INI) that brings up your external memory interface (ie clock, pins, peripheral, memory), and then LOADs the .AXF image into the RAM space you now have working.

For an app you have stored in FLASH, you need to write code, normally in SystemInit() to bring up the external memory, and once done the __main function will be able to unpack the LOAD REGIONs you describe in the Scatter File (.sct) to whatever internal/external RAMs you have functioning. Once __main initializes the statics it calls your main() function.

Children