This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

printer interfaced with microcontroller

Hi my name is santhosh, i am trying to inerface printer(epson lx 300) with microcontroller. But the problem is i am getting junk characters in the printing...

i have used 8 data lines,strobe and busy lines. I am using parallel port to interface printer.

can any one help me..

Parents
  • The printer Epson LX300 sas two intefaces a Parallel(Centronics) and a Serial(DB9)
    It might be easier to interface the MCU to Printer using the serial interface
    with typical settings as baudrate 9600, no Parity, 8 Data, 1 stop bit.
    The 8051 microcontroller has at least one serial interface and many models are
    eqquipped with more. So the serial connection would be easier.
    This printer can also print either ASCII or graphics using the ESCP/2 protolol
    that is standard for so many years.

• The printer Epson LX300 sas two intefaces a Parallel(Centronics) and a Serial(DB9)
    It might be easier to interface the MCU to Printer using the serial interface
    with typical settings as baudrate 9600, no Parity, 8 Data, 1 stop bit.
    The 8051 microcontroller has at least one serial interface and many models are
    eqquipped with more. So the serial connection would be easier.
    This printer can also print either ASCII or graphics using the ESCP/2 protolol
    that is standard for so many years.

Children