This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

changing the starting address

i need to change the starting location of my pgm frm 00h to say,400h..i followed the steps as per mentioned in.... http://www.keil.com/support/docs/189.htm
i can see the changed starting location in the memory map file...but when i try to implemnt it on hardware,i get no output probably bcos da execution begins at 00h only...pls help...

Parents
  • Moving the code to 0x400 doesn't help if you don't have a boot loader that picks up where the processor actually starts, and that jumps to 0x400.

Next thing is that if the processor has the interrupt vectors in low memory, then you must fix some proxy code that takes care of them and calls your code above 0x400.

So the really big question is: Why do you _need_ to move the start location to 0x400?

• Moving the code to 0x400 doesn't help if you don't have a boot loader that picks up where the processor actually starts, and that jumps to 0x400.

Next thing is that if the processor has the interrupt vectors in low memory, then you must fix some proxy code that takes care of them and calls your code above 0x400.

So the really big question is: Why do you _need_ to move the start location to 0x400?

Children