This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

JTAG communication problem: device not found

After reading uncountable threads and articles regarding this topic, I still cannot communicate my ULINK2 with Keil evaluation board MCBSTR9 (v4). So I need some help.

The problem came when suddenly, when trying to download an application (as I've been doing every day), error message Too many JTAGS devices in chain appeared (I don't have multiple devices in chain).

As I could see, no device information was displayed in uVision, under ULINK ARM debugger settings menu. Automatic information about the device did not appear.

Changing JTAG clock didn't work.

Following the instructions in http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3354.htm , I uninstalled Windows USB drivers. Diagnosis changed, but not enough: now the error message is JTAG communication failure.

ULINK2 was and still is correctly displayed as Human Interface Device.

I tried to manual configure device information (IDCODE, Device Name, IR len) with the information provided by ARM but my efforts were unsuccessful. And I don't have much JTAG knowledge.

I was developing and testing one application to put STR9 in Sleep mode, it must be wake up by the RTC clock. Perhaps this information is useful to solve my problem.

What can I do to re-enable JTAG communication?

Thanks in advance.