This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues initializing variable at a fixed address

Hi,

I am using the uVision2 v2.06

C51 - 6.02
A51 - 6.02
BL51 - 4.02
LIB51 - 4.12
OH51 - 2.5
S8051.DLL - 2.02
DP51.DLL - 2.02

Targeting an 8051.

When I follow the instructions here:
http://www.keil.com/support/docs/130.htm

The segment is located at the correct position in memory, but when I initialise the data as in the example, it also increases my program memory size. I'm moving the data to this segment specifically to avoid the loss of code space! Should this work or is this a feature that appears in a later version of the tools?

Thanks,
Brett

Parents
  • The segment is located at the correct position in memory, but when I initialise the data as in the example, it also increases my program memory size. I'm moving the data to this segment specifically to avoid the loss of code space! Should this work or is this a feature that appears in a later version of the tools?
    .. where would the code get the values to initialize your variables from if not (the only permanent storage) code memory?

Erik

• The segment is located at the correct position in memory, but when I initialise the data as in the example, it also increases my program memory size. I'm moving the data to this segment specifically to avoid the loss of code space! Should this work or is this a feature that appears in a later version of the tools?
    .. where would the code get the values to initialize your variables from if not (the only permanent storage) code memory?

Erik

Children