This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't debug program on MCB2130 with Ulink2

Hello,

I made a program within the uVision3 IDE and used to be debugging with a MCB2130 as a target. Because the package with the stuff needed I used the simulator so that I could work ahead.

By the time I received the package I finished my program. It's an advanced Blinky program with several options of led-loops and several options to repeat them etc. To set-up the correct options and loop you have to use the UART1 window and your keyboard as input.

Now comes my problem.. because in the simulator everthing works like a charm however, if I want to debug the program using the Ulink2-USB-kit I can't get to output text on my UART1 screen within uVision3 IDE.

Is there a simple sollution for this or is plain impossible?

Thanks in advance,

Ruud van Heugten

Parents
  • " you have to use the UART1 window and your keyboard as input."

That's in the Simulator, because the simulator doesn't have a real UART1:

* The UART1 window simulates the output from the UART;

* The keyboard simulates the input to the UART.

When you use the uLink, the code actually runs in your target hardware - it is no longer just being simulated in your PC!
    Therefore, the UART1 output actually comes out of the real, physical UART of the microcontroller, and what you previously typed on the PC keyboard has to be sent as serial data to the real, physical UART of the microcontroller.

You can use a Terminal Emulator (eg, Hypoterminal) to do this...

• " you have to use the UART1 window and your keyboard as input."

That's in the Simulator, because the simulator doesn't have a real UART1:

* The UART1 window simulates the output from the UART;

* The keyboard simulates the input to the UART.

When you use the uLink, the code actually runs in your target hardware - it is no longer just being simulated in your PC!
    Therefore, the UART1 output actually comes out of the real, physical UART of the microcontroller, and what you previously typed on the PC keyboard has to be sent as serial data to the real, physical UART of the microcontroller.

You can use a Terminal Emulator (eg, Hypoterminal) to do this...

Children