This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pre-Make facility

Hi,

Apart from finding a post which says 'this has been discussed before', I haven't found much information on if/how I can run perform a pre-make stage on my uV2.40 project.

I want to run a dos command/batch file to perform a purge of all unrequired file types prior to the building of my project.

Is there any way of achieving this?

David

Parents
  • http://www.keil.com/support/docs/1878.htm says:
    "I have an application program (VAREXT.EXE) that I use to automatically generate some include files."

Note that uVision has no dependency facilities for Custom Translations; therefore the include files (in this case) will be re-generated for every build - whether it's needed or not. :-(
    This, in turn, will mean that every source module that includes the generated files will be re-translated on every build. :-(

Therefore, in this case, you might want to set VAREXT.EXE to 'Exclude From Build', and only manually change it to 'Include In Build' when you specifically want to re-generate the includes.

Of course, this rather defeats the object of having it in the Project to start with! :-(

I had this problem with the Triscend E5, where source files are generated to describe the logic configuration.
    I eventually abandoned the idea of trying to include it in the uVision Build process - for the reasons described above. :-(

• http://www.keil.com/support/docs/1878.htm says:
    "I have an application program (VAREXT.EXE) that I use to automatically generate some include files."

Note that uVision has no dependency facilities for Custom Translations; therefore the include files (in this case) will be re-generated for every build - whether it's needed or not. :-(
    This, in turn, will mean that every source module that includes the generated files will be re-translated on every build. :-(

Therefore, in this case, you might want to set VAREXT.EXE to 'Exclude From Build', and only manually change it to 'Include In Build' when you specifically want to re-generate the includes.

Of course, this rather defeats the object of having it in the Project to start with! :-(

I had this problem with the Triscend E5, where source files are generated to describe the logic configuration.
    I eventually abandoned the idea of trying to include it in the uVision Build process - for the reasons described above. :-(

Children