This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

arm-linux-gnueabi-strip: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

I have a custom board having AM1808 processor that runs on a custom Linux as an OS with custom Kernel. currently, I'm using Qt4.8 to develop my application binary that runs in my custom board by cross compile it using ARM-2012.03 toolchain. The process works fine and currently, I'm using it.

But, now I need to update qt, and for that, I install qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.7.1 from qt in my Linux PC. Also, download a new toolchain ARM-8.2-2018.08 and configure Qt with following configure command

./configure -prefix /usr/local/Qt-5.7-new-arm -release -pkg-config -continue -no-openssl -nomake examples -nomake tools -no-opengl -skip virtualkeyboard -skip webengine -no-cups -no-xkb -no-sm -no-separate-debug-info -xplatform linux-arm-gnueabi-g++ -qreal float

and successfully make install the Qt5 that will generate Qt-5.7-new-arm folder at /usr/local.

In order to test the new version, I create a Test project in Qt creator and run in my Linux PC within the Qtcreator. This Test project runs successfully in Qt creator.

Then I clean the project and build it using qmake through the terminal and generate binary using make command, But when I cross compile the Test binary file with arm-linux-gnueabi-strip Test(my binary) then it will show the following error

"/opt/arm-8.2-2018.08/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-strip: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string"

I did the same process that works fine with Qt4, but with qt5 and new toolchain, I got this error. Also, I get the Test binary and try to run into my custom board using ./Test, then it will give an error

./Test syntax error : unexpected "(" .

Is there any issue related to the installation of above things or I install some wrong qt compiler with incompatible toolchain?