This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CMSIS DSP FIR filter for continous real signal

Hello,

DSP concept guys say, that it's time to use ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers for embedded DSP systems, so I looked at CMSIS library of filtering functions, and found that it is of block type.

As you know, the most painful feature of ARM Cortex-M architecture is the lack of circular buffer addressing mode.

I cannot find an example of this functions application for continuous, real-time signal, because, as I guess, there is a big problem of input samples block gathering in a structure compatible with CMSIS FIR function. This should be done by a DMA controller, as we don't want to loose core clock, and this task is not easy. CMSIS FIR functions has internal state buffer which length equals to block_size+numOfTaps-1.

The function in multiple steps (=block_size/4)  makes 4 samples copy from input buffer to state buffer (using core !!!), but after that, before next input block filtering the last numOfTaps-1 samples in state buffer must be moved to the beginning of this buffer.

It looks bad.

Maybe someone of you solved this problem and used this function in a real-time so, please, write me about that.

Kind regards

Roman Rumian

Parents Reply Children
No data