This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connecting to multiple cores with command line debugger?

I am working on using the ARM debugger (DS-5) to automate loading of binaries, etc. for running some tests. My system is heterogenous with multiple Cortex-R5 and some other ARM cores. I am interested in connecting to all of the cores and loading code for them, but it seems like the --launch-config file format only allows connecting to one core at a time. Is there a way to do what I want using the command line debugger.exe?

Parents
  • Hi Alex,

Yes, you are correct, "debugger --launch-config" only allows connecting to one core (or one SMP group of cores) at a time.  Sorry, but this means you can only make one connection per debugger.exe invocation.  By contrast, within the GUI, you can have multiple concurrent debug connections within the same Debug Control view.

However, you can have multiple debugger.exe invocations, each in its own DS-5 Command Prompt shell, to enable you to have multiple concurrent connections to a single target.  So you can connect to each Cortex-R5 (and your other Arm cores), download code to each one, then debug them concurrently, though I concede may be a bit more onerous to script.

Hope this helps, but you can always use the official support channels if you have any further questions.

Stephen

• Hi Alex,

Yes, you are correct, "debugger --launch-config" only allows connecting to one core (or one SMP group of cores) at a time.  Sorry, but this means you can only make one connection per debugger.exe invocation.  By contrast, within the GUI, you can have multiple concurrent debug connections within the same Debug Control view.

However, you can have multiple debugger.exe invocations, each in its own DS-5 Command Prompt shell, to enable you to have multiple concurrent connections to a single target.  So you can connect to each Cortex-R5 (and your other Arm cores), download code to each one, then debug them concurrently, though I concede may be a bit more onerous to script.

Hope this helps, but you can always use the official support channels if you have any further questions.

Stephen

Children