This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dual-core debugging in DS

It is possible to make a single project for two-core MCU such as STM32H7, and to debug both cores simultaneously? As far as I can see just now, in DS I must select only one of two cores when I create a project, although in System Workbench for STM32 I can create a single project for both cores...

Parents
  • Hi Ivan

For the single project - does this mean to run the same executable on both cores, which would mean having the same entry point etc. If it is for the sake of reusing source files, you could create a project and have different build targets, one for the Cortex-M4, one for the Cortex-M7.

For debugging, this can be done simultaneously, and this is a great strength of Development Studio. You would create two 'debug configurations', one for each core, and connect to them both. From there you can (optionally) load different images to each, and control independently.

This blog may give some guidance, though written for a different STM target, it is also a heterogeneous multi-core device:
    community.arm.com/.../stm32mp1-device-support-within-arm-development-tools

• Hi Ivan

For the single project - does this mean to run the same executable on both cores, which would mean having the same entry point etc. If it is for the sake of reusing source files, you could create a project and have different build targets, one for the Cortex-M4, one for the Cortex-M7.

For debugging, this can be done simultaneously, and this is a great strength of Development Studio. You would create two 'debug configurations', one for each core, and connect to them both. From there you can (optionally) load different images to each, and control independently.

This blog may give some guidance, though written for a different STM target, it is also a heterogeneous multi-core device:
    community.arm.com/.../stm32mp1-device-support-within-arm-development-tools

Children