This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ubuntu - How to uninstall Arm Development studio and all its requirements

hi guys.

I think this is a ridiculous question and should have ridiculous answer

I just installed Arm development studio 2020 in ubunto 20.04 using installation .sh file.

after some days of evaluating, now want to remove it and all dependencies from my system.

just searched the installation directory and there is no uninstall.sh file. Also it did'nt created a profile in ubuntu software list or apt-get list

How I should do that???

• Hi Mahdy,

As you’ve found, there is no uninstallation script, nor is there currently documentation on the Linux uninstallation process. Because Arm DS is not installed via the package manager, it has not installed any package manager dependencies, so ordinarily uninstallation is as simple as just deleting the directory you installed to.

However, before you do this, if you installed the desktop shortcuts (an optional step during the installation), you can remove these with the “remove_menus_for_Arm_DevelopmentStudio_2020.0.sh” script in the root installation directory.

Similarly, if you ran the post-installation step this will have setup the USB devices and created (up to) three additional text configuration files outside of the installation directory which you may want to remove:

• /etc/udev/rules.d/ARM_debug_tools.rules
    • /etc/hotplug/usb/armdebugtools
    • /etc/hotplug/usb/armdebugtools.usermap

Not all of these may be present as they are only installed as required by your Linux distribution.

We’ve raised a ticket to improve the documentation in this area.

Thanks for your interest,
    Jonathan