This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

startup_Cortex_A9_AC5

I got a couple of very basic questions about the example library came with DS-5:

Background - Arria 10 SoC FPGA is used on my board.

1. Does the example project "startup_Cortex_A9_AC5-FVP" run from Arria 10 SoC FPGA intel RAM or from external RAM? For example, DDR4 DRAM

2. I think the "Examples & Programming Libraries -> Examples -> Bare-Metal Boards- > Altera-Arria-10_RAM" run from external memory, e.g. DDR4, right?  

3. If it's assuming UDIMM, do I need changing anything in the code as there is DDR4 components on my board?

Thanks!

Parents
    • For #1, the startup_Cortex_A9_AC5-FVP is configured to run from memory at 0x8000_0000.  However, this is built to work with the fixed virtual platfrom model of the A9 and not the Arria 10 SoC FPGA.  The scatter.scat file would need to change to match the memory layout of the Arria 10 SoC FPGA. 

• For #2, the Altera-Arria-10_RAM example is configured to run from the Arria 10 SoC internal 256KB SRAM at 0xFFFE_0000 and not from external DDR4.  This can also be seen in the scatter.scat file in the example directory. 

• For #3, these examples do not setup the DDR4 controller. 

Also, more Intel SoC FPGA examples and DS scripts can be found here: https://rocketboards.org/ 

• For #1, the startup_Cortex_A9_AC5-FVP is configured to run from memory at 0x8000_0000.  However, this is built to work with the fixed virtual platfrom model of the A9 and not the Arria 10 SoC FPGA.  The scatter.scat file would need to change to match the memory layout of the Arria 10 SoC FPGA. 

• For #2, the Altera-Arria-10_RAM example is configured to run from the Arria 10 SoC internal 256KB SRAM at 0xFFFE_0000 and not from external DDR4.  This can also be seen in the scatter.scat file in the example directory. 

• For #3, these examples do not setup the DDR4 controller. 

Also, more Intel SoC FPGA examples and DS scripts can be found here: https://rocketboards.org/ 

Children