This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Trouble Starting DS-5 Community Edition Debugging with Stratix 10

Hi,

I am trying to debug a Linux application running inside the HPS of an Intel Stratix 10 and have run into a recurring error message.

I am using the DS-5 Community Edition that is downloaded along side the Intel Quartus tools. I have followed the steps in the Rocketboards debugging procedure and receive the above error message at step 8.

Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong? The RSE successfully connects to the ARM and can see the files that are there. When I open up the ARM file structure I see the downloaded file there.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi

It looks like the license is not set-up correctly - have you installed a license AND selected a toolkit variant in Help > Arm License Manager?

The RSE part doesn't need a license, so that will work OK, but the Debugger needs a valid license to connect to gdbserver.

It might be better for you to use the "DS-5 Intel SoC FPGA Edition" instead, which is specifically customised for the Stratix 10 and supported by Intel - see:
    developer.arm.com/.../intel-soc-fpga-edition

Another Stratix 10 user has done this successfully recently - see community.arm.com/.../getting-started-with-armv8-a-cortex-a53

If you'd like to pursue with DS-5 Community Edition, then please let us know, exactly, which release you have installed. To see this, launch the Arm DS-5 IDE, open Help > About Arm DS-5, then copy’n’paste the Version and Build text.

Hope this helps

Stephen

• Hi

It looks like the license is not set-up correctly - have you installed a license AND selected a toolkit variant in Help > Arm License Manager?

The RSE part doesn't need a license, so that will work OK, but the Debugger needs a valid license to connect to gdbserver.

It might be better for you to use the "DS-5 Intel SoC FPGA Edition" instead, which is specifically customised for the Stratix 10 and supported by Intel - see:
    developer.arm.com/.../intel-soc-fpga-edition

Another Stratix 10 user has done this successfully recently - see community.arm.com/.../getting-started-with-armv8-a-cortex-a53

If you'd like to pursue with DS-5 Community Edition, then please let us know, exactly, which release you have installed. To see this, launch the Arm DS-5 IDE, open Help > About Arm DS-5, then copy’n’paste the Version and Build text.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Children