This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Porting the Linux Kernel on the Cortex-M4 architecture of STMicroelectronics STM32F407VGT6 MCU

Hi guys

This is my first post on this community page.

Actually I have a ST microelectronics development Board with the following controller on it STM32F407VGT6.

Now I want to port the arm Linux to it.

The specs of the controller are as follows:

----   Cortex M4.

-----  168 MHz of max. frequency.

-----  No MMU.

Since it has no mmu therefore, it will be not possible to port the full-fledged Linux kernel on it.

Therefore I want to port the uClinux kernel on it,.

but I do not know that how to make the arm Linux source code present  on the above mentioned link to be converted in the uClinux.

Do I have to apply any patch to it or have to do anything else.

Please tell me the steps needed in order to get the code source so that I can build it and generate the binary file to be run on my board.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hello,

Did you try the method described in AN3012 - Getting started with uClinux™ for STM32F10x high-density devices ?

I have attached it here for your convenience.

That STMicroelectronics application note not only how to configure your kernel and build your image, but also how to prepare your filesystem for one of the ST eval board.

What approach have you tried so far?

• Hello,

Did you try the method described in AN3012 - Getting started with uClinux™ for STM32F10x high-density devices ?

I have attached it here for your convenience.

That STMicroelectronics application note not only how to configure your kernel and build your image, but also how to prepare your filesystem for one of the ST eval board.

What approach have you tried so far?

Children