This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LPC802 debug failure with arm ds

I import a LPC802 hello_world keil example into arm ds. It could build pass and generate .axf file.

But I have met an error when debugging.

Here is my debug configuration:

When I click debug, here is the error log :

Stopping running target LPC804_DFP_LPC804M101JDH24 on connection
Connected to running target LPC804_DFP_LPC804M101JDH24
Execution stopped in Privileged Thread mode at 0x00001330
0x00001330   CMP      r0,#0
cd "C:\Users\nxf47831\Documents\arm_ds_workspace4"
Execution stopped in Privileged Thread mode at 0x00001330
0x00001330   CMP      r0,#0
Working directory "C:\Users\nxf47831\Documents\arm_ds_workspace4"
reset reset.hardware
flash load-multiple "C:\Users\nxf47831\Documents\repo_11_1\mcu-sdk-2.0\boards\lpcxpresso804\demo_apps\hello_world\hello_world_hello_world_debug\Debug\hello_world_hello_world_debug.axf"
ERROR(CMD720-FLP25-FLP6-FLP4): 
! Flash programming failed
! Flash method setup failed
! Bus error on memory operation.
! Exception NativeException thrown in Python script null at line <Unknown>
file "C:\Users\nxf47831\Documents\repo_11_1\mcu-sdk-2.0\boards\lpcxpresso804\demo_apps\hello_world\hello_world_hello_world_debug\Debug\hello_world_hello_world_debug.axf"
reset reset.hardware
ERROR(TAD43-?): 
! Failed to reset device Cortex-M0+
! 
Debug Sequence failed:
wait
load "C:\Users\nxf47831\Documents\repo_11_1\mcu-sdk-2.0\boards\lpcxpresso804\demo_apps\hello_world\hello_world_hello_world_debug\Debug\hello_world_hello_world_debug.axf"
Ignored loads to:
0x00000000 ~ 0x00007FFF (LPC804M101JDH24-0)
Entry point 0x00000155
set debug-from main
start
WARNING(CMD399-CMD27-TAD12-NAL44): 
! Failed to start the target
! Failed to set a breakpoint
! Unable to create breakpoint at 0x000013A0
! Failed to access hardware breakpoint resource.
WARNING(CMD407): Trying the entry point instead
ERROR(CMD399-CMD27-TAD12-NAL44): 
! Failed to start the target
! Failed to set a breakpoint
! Unable to create breakpoint at 0x00000154
! Failed to access hardware breakpoint resource.

And the window was switched to Disassembly tab:

When using keil,  this project could build and debug successfully. I don't know why encounter error in arm ds. Because all the files and options are same, and the compilers are both arm compiler 5.

Does anyone know the reason of this error ? It will be appreciated for any suggestion.

Parents
  • Hi felix_w,

I ran into a similar error while debugging on LPC1519 with the same debug configurations except using a hardware connection, for the flash programming failed error try unchecking the verify option, the error was solved but however i ran into a different error while debugging.Could you try debugging from entry point and see if you run into an error ?

Since i am and i would like to know if a similar thing is happening to you as well.

Thank you.

• Hi felix_w,

I ran into a similar error while debugging on LPC1519 with the same debug configurations except using a hardware connection, for the flash programming failed error try unchecking the verify option, the error was solved but however i ran into a different error while debugging.Could you try debugging from entry point and see if you run into an error ?

Since i am and i would like to know if a similar thing is happening to you as well.

Thank you.

Children