This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to read from SP register error when debugging from entry point

Hi,

I am encountering the following error when i establish a hardware connection to my target i.e LPC1519. It starts off with the Reset Handler properly,debugs the SySInit functions but when it reaches the Chip_SYSCTL_PowerDown function,it gets stuck on a particular instruction(LPC_SYSCTL->PDRUNCFG = (pdrun | PDRUNCFGUSEMASK);) and throws the following error.When i try to step the instruction the error repeats: 

Execution stopped in Privileged Thread mode at 0x00000332
0x00000332 109,2 LPC_SYSCTL->PDRUNCFG = (pdrun | PDRUNCFGUSEMASK);
wait
step
ERROR(CMD440-TAD13-NAL22):
! Stepping failed
! Unable to delete breakpoint: Breakpoint [instructionSet=T32, hardwareExecutionAddress=0x00000336, execContext=[ExecutionContext[Cortex-M3_1]]]
! General error on memory or register access.
Target Message: Could not determine target state
wait
ERROR(TAD1-NAL52):
! Unable to read from register SP
! Cannot attain state requested.
wait
ERROR(TAD1-NAL52):
! Unable to read from register SP
! Cannot attain state requested.

However when i go to register view the SP and SP_MAIN have specific values, because of this i am not able to debug my main function at all.

*SideNote: When I disconnect and try reconnecting to my target after the error has occurred,debug connection to target fails and the following error is thrown:

Debug Sequence failed 

Failed to read DP

Failed to read register 8,320 ARMCS-DP_DSQ

General error on memory or register access.

I have to power down and  power up my device to bypass this error,happens whenever the above SP error occurs.

Thank you.