This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

armcc or armclang versus gcc

I am trying to see if there is an advantage using the armcc/armclang compilers over the gcc compiler for ARM that is supplied by Linaro. Looking at the documentation for armcc and armclang I do not notice anything spectacular, so perhaps the community that uses these tools can better address the reason why one would want to pay for access to the arm-developed compilers?

Specifically, I am interested to know if the warnings/errors when compiling code that violates the architecture best practices (such as not using 32bit local variables in functions etc...) are better for the paid-for compilers.

Parents
  • Hello AJ

I don't believe there would be such warnings/errors, as these are not in violation of any usage.

You may wish to try out the latest armclang compiler, which is provided as part of Arm Development Studio, a 30 day evaluation is available. I would not recommend to look at armcc, as that is rather old, and no longer developed.

developer.arm.com/.../evaluate

• Hello AJ

I don't believe there would be such warnings/errors, as these are not in violation of any usage.

You may wish to try out the latest armclang compiler, which is provided as part of Arm Development Studio, a 30 day evaluation is available. I would not recommend to look at armcc, as that is rather old, and no longer developed.

developer.arm.com/.../evaluate

Children
No data