This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Gcc/linker problem

I have a project with a folder with sources and other with static libraries compiled by me.

I have no compilation errors but when I debug the code I have a problem, it is all fine until i reach a function inside of which there is a call to another function which jumps to 0x0 address. This functions belongs to a static library. I tested to call the destiny function and I can jump perfectly to this function, but if it is called from the other function the process crashes resulting in a jump in 0x0. I dont know either if it's a problem of the linker script or another problem.

Does Anyone have an idea on what might be going on?

Parents
  • Check the access permissions, or security settings of the address of this function. You have not said which CPU you are using... perhaps for example you are trying to call a secure function from non-secure world on a Cortex-M33, or similar situation.

If it branches specifically to 0x0 that is the reset vector on Cortex-A, but the sp init value on Cortex-M. Perhaps your stack is not set up properly?

• Check the access permissions, or security settings of the address of this function. You have not said which CPU you are using... perhaps for example you are trying to call a secure function from non-secure world on a Cortex-M33, or similar situation.

If it branches specifically to 0x0 that is the reset vector on Cortex-A, but the sp init value on Cortex-M. Perhaps your stack is not set up properly?

Children