This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why is GCC9.2-2019.12 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf configured without "--with-fpu=vfpv3-d16"?

Dear ARM A GNU Toolchain maintainers,

I have noticed that the latest AArch32 Linux GCC release v9.2-2019.12 for ARM A is configured without a default fpu option whereas ARM GCC v8.3-2019.03 and older Linaro toolchains used "--with-fpu=vfpv3-d16". The example ABE manifest file for v9.2 also still contains this option. Could you please explain the background for this configuration change?

Thank you very much,

Andrej

Parents
  • Dear sir,

We've used --with-fpu=neon for this particular toolchain release build.

Regarding ABE manifest: manifests we provide with release are working example and for exact list of flags used to build given toolchain please refer to manifest.txt file included with toolchain binary archive. In your case you should find file 9.2-2019.12-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-manifest.txt file which contains all configuration flags used to build toolchain and its components. Users can refer to this file to brew their own ABE manifest file.

kind regards
    Przemyslaw

• Dear sir,

We've used --with-fpu=neon for this particular toolchain release build.

Regarding ABE manifest: manifests we provide with release are working example and for exact list of flags used to build given toolchain please refer to manifest.txt file included with toolchain binary archive. In your case you should find file 9.2-2019.12-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-manifest.txt file which contains all configuration flags used to build toolchain and its components. Users can refer to this file to brew their own ABE manifest file.

kind regards
    Przemyslaw

Children