We are considering to upgrade ARM compiler from 4.1 to ARM compiler v5.06 or even to compiler 6.13. The projects we are mainly working for is with architecture ARMv5TEJ
Evaluation for ARM 6.13 is started and following errors are obtained
armclang: error: unsupported option '--c90'armclang: error: unsupported option '--diag_error'armclang: error: unsupported option '--cpu'armclang: error: unsupported option '--li'armclang: error: unsupported option '--list'armclang: error: unsupported option '--diag_remark'armclang: error: unsupported option '--diag_error'armclang: error: unsupported option '--sys_include'armclang: error: unsupported option '--kandr_include'armclang: error: unsupported option '--library_interface=aeabi_clib'armclang: error: unsupported option '–dwarf2'
And armclang no longer provide the compile switch for ARMv5 architecture.
Please advise if there is any alternative & compatible compile switches to resolve compile/link problem.
By the way, is ARM compiler 5.06 still available for purchase and provide support ?
Hello,Firstly, you are correct - armclang does not support older architectures (pre-Armv6-M).Arm Compiler 5.06 is the latest and final release of armcc, and is provided as standard as part of Keil MDK and Arm Development Studio.Should you need to move to armclang (recommended for all new projects), you should first see the Migration and Compatibility Guide.Regards,
I 've got following information by clicking the "Arm Development Studio" link and I have some questions :-
1. Does it mean that the Arm compiler 6 is available if we buy ARM Development Studio ?
2. And the license come with it also allow us to use with Arm compiler 4.1 or Arm 5.06, right ?
3. If the Arm Development Studio does not come with Arm 5.06 and we have to download Arm Compiler 5.06 or 4.1 from somewhere else, right ?
4. If so, would you provide us the link where we can download the legacy compiler release ( both 5.06 and 4.1 with latest patches )
Arm Development Studio includes:
1) Yes. Features (mainly CPU support) defined by the Edition.
2) Yes, for 4.x or other legacy compiler versions, Silver and higher editions are needed. 5.06 supported by all editions.
3 and 4) The latest armcc (5.06u6) and armclang (6.13, currently) are installed within the package. You can also get them and other legacy versions "standalone" from here.
Lastly, does Keil MDK provide backward compatible license for ARM Compiler 4.1 too ?
Yes it does, download the standalone versions as described above.
View all questions in Arm Compilers forum