This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keil uVision3 keeps loosing compiler/linker cmdline options

Hello,

I am using Keil uVision 3.x to develop code for ST's ARM9 processor. In the uVision's Project->Options for 'target" window, the "C/C++" Tab, I have an option --feedback "myfile.fed". This option tells the compiler to generate file myfile.fed. In the "Linker" Tab, I have the same option as for the compiler, but to read the file. This --feedback option is to inform the compiler and the linker to share the myfile.fed for reducing memory space of unused code.

However, when I do a "build clean", the tool will delete that file and the uVision will sense the missing of the file and remove the option. I must use the option in order for my code to fit in the memory.

Does anyone have similar experience or knowledge on how to fix the problem, I would very grateful.

(FYI, I can manually copy the file back to the folder to cheat on uVision and it works. But I prefer a real fix.)

I noticed that the "Compiler control string" window in the C/C++ tab is not modifiable directly. But can not find a place where I can configure it. Please help.

Thanks a lot.

Jianbai