This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM GCC errata bug fix

Hi all,

I'm using the GCC ARM compiler in version (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors 6-2017-q2-update). I wanna know that whether the two arm errata:

1.Arm Errata 752770: Interrupted loads to SP can cause erroneous behavior

2.Arm Errata 838869: Store immediate overlapping exception return operation might vector to incorrect interrupt

have been solved in this compiler? 

I recognize that these two errata may cause potential unexpected behavior to my system, so it is important for me to evaluate the errata effect. I can't confirm whether GCC has do something about the errata and hope someone could know it, thanks a lot!

Parents
  • Hi LPX,
    From what we can ascertain, there is nothing in the compiler (GCC6 or later) to prevent these errata. In the past, our recommendation has been to manually workaround in the code, if there is a case that triggers the errata.
    Regards
    Ashok Bhat

• Hi LPX,
    From what we can ascertain, there is nothing in the compiler (GCC6 or later) to prevent these errata. In the past, our recommendation has been to manually workaround in the code, if there is a case that triggers the errata.
    Regards
    Ashok Bhat

Children