This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to properly install ARM Compiler v5.06 (update 6) on Ubuntu 16.04 docker image?

I',m trying to setup the simple pipeline on Bitbucket to build and deploy final firmware packages.
Bitbucket pipeline is using default docker image which is blank Ubuntu 16.04.
So to compile firmware i need to install ARM Compiler Version 5.06 update 6.
But it actually fails to install.

To install i use this command line:
sudo ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh --i-agree-to-the-contained-eula --no-interactive --show-files --verbose

While it starts up good, then it breaks in the middle of the installation process with following errors:

./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 860: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/sw/ARM_Compiler_5/rev: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 867: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 868: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 869: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 870: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 871: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 872: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 873: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 874: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 875: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 876: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 877: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 878: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 879: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 880: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 881: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 882: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 883: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 884: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 885: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 886: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 887: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 888: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 889: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 890: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 891: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 892: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 893: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 894: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 895: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 896: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 897: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 898: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 899: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: 900: ./armcc/Installer/setup.sh: cannot create /usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec: Directory nonexistent
chmod: cannot access '/usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec': No such file or directory
Failed to set execute permissions on env file '/usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec'
Could not execute 'chmod 0755 "/usr/local/ARM_Compiler_5.06u6/bin/suite_exec"'
Errno was 1

Parents
  • Hello, I have replicated the issue with ubuntu:latest, and the installer from here. I did however find that reducing the command to just

./setup.sh --i-agree-to-the-contained-eula --no-interactive

did complete.

Not related to this issue specifically, but please also note the comments from the readme on the required 32-bit libs.

• Hello, I have replicated the issue with ubuntu:latest, and the installer from here. I did however find that reducing the command to just

./setup.sh --i-agree-to-the-contained-eula --no-interactive

did complete.

Not related to this issue specifically, but please also note the comments from the readme on the required 32-bit libs.

Children