This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to make Ethos-U NPU work on an ARM Cortex-A + Cortex-M processor?

I have a question about how to make Ethos-U NPU work on a ARM Cortex-A + Cortex-M processor. First, I found ethos-u-linux-driver-stack and ethos-u-core-software on https://git.mlplatform.org/.

1. I know ethos-u-linux-driver-stack is Ethos-U kernel driver. Should it be integrated into the Linux OS running on Cortex-A or be integrated into the Linux OS running on Cortex-M? I am nor clear about which core it need to perform on.

2. For ethos-u-core-software, how to run it? I did't find the detail steps to run it. Does it run on NPU or any core?

3. Except the above two repos, is there any other repo necessory to make Ethos-U NPU work on an ARM Cortex-A + Cortex-M processor?

Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

Parents
  • Hi, Kristofer, recently I met a problem and had some ideas as below. I really hope you could give me some suggestions.

1. I want to try object detection demo on Cortex-M using tflite micro + SSD model. Then I found operator DETECTION_POSTPROCESS is not supported in tflite micro based on ethos-u 20.08 and 20.11 releases. I also checked the latest tensorflow source code, this operator is supported in tflite micro. So my question is when or which version of ethos-u release will integrate the tensorflow source code that this operator is supported in tflite micro. I suppose this operator will be supported in vela tool, right?

2. As I met such problems for tflite micro, I want to ask a question. Why don't we use tflite on Cortex-A directly instead of tflite micro on Cortex-M? Is there any necessary binding between ethos-u65 and tflite micro?

• Hi, Kristofer, recently I met a problem and had some ideas as below. I really hope you could give me some suggestions.

1. I want to try object detection demo on Cortex-M using tflite micro + SSD model. Then I found operator DETECTION_POSTPROCESS is not supported in tflite micro based on ethos-u 20.08 and 20.11 releases. I also checked the latest tensorflow source code, this operator is supported in tflite micro. So my question is when or which version of ethos-u release will integrate the tensorflow source code that this operator is supported in tflite micro. I suppose this operator will be supported in vela tool, right?

2. As I met such problems for tflite micro, I want to ask a question. Why don't we use tflite on Cortex-A directly instead of tflite micro on Cortex-M? Is there any necessary binding between ethos-u65 and tflite micro?

Children