This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a maximum length of compile path ?

Hi, I have a problem something weird.

I made some cpp files in my project folder and made a Makefile to compile easier.

The problem is that if compile path is longer than specific length, the compile error was occured.

Only difference between success and fail is the length of compile path of target cpp files.

Is there a maximum length of compile path or something else i don't know in arm compiler?

please share your wisdom,

thanks.

Parents
  • The 8K Windows command line limit may be exceeded for link lines.

The problem is related to the method used by make.exe to create subprocesses to run the compile/link processes. If available, recent make.exe versions are able to use a sh.exe. If sh.exe is not available, make falls back to using cmd.exe. Unfortunatelly cmd.exe, in the good Windows tradition performs quite poorly in many regards, including the limit of the command line, which is 8K.

If you want to overcome this limitation, install a new set of build tools, which includes a modern make.exe and a sh.exe.

You can find such tools in the GNU ARM Eclipse project, the GNU ARM Eclipse Build Tools sub-package.

• The 8K Windows command line limit may be exceeded for link lines.

The problem is related to the method used by make.exe to create subprocesses to run the compile/link processes. If available, recent make.exe versions are able to use a sh.exe. If sh.exe is not available, make falls back to using cmd.exe. Unfortunatelly cmd.exe, in the good Windows tradition performs quite poorly in many regards, including the limit of the command line, which is 8K.

If you want to overcome this limitation, install a new set of build tools, which includes a modern make.exe and a sh.exe.

You can find such tools in the GNU ARM Eclipse project, the GNU ARM Eclipse Build Tools sub-package.

Children