This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Juno CoreSight Setup

Hi Everyone,

We just bought a Juno Versatile Express board for development.  Using the getting started guides and I have successfully installed DS-5 on a host and a rootfs on the board.  I'm using the LAMP image provided by Linaro for use with the Juno board (linaro-image-lamp-genericarmv8-20150618-754.rootfs.tar.gz).  To set up and test CoreSight I am using the guide provided (On-Target Trace Using the CoreSight Access Library |  ARM DS-5 Development Studio) and the readmes provided within the CoreSight_access example source.

Building is no problem but I have two issues:

1.  When trying to disable the cpuidle I find that I have no cpuidle directory in any /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$ folder.

2.  When attempting to run the tracedemo example (rel or dbg) I receive a "CSREG: Failed to detect the board!" error.  The Juno r1 is defined in the source as a supported board (and also mentioned in the readme as supported).

Does anyone have an idea why I would be seeing this error?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide on CoreSight!

Steve

Parents
  • Hi Steve,

I am not sure where you found the link to the LAMP image that you are using.  You appear to be using the generic armv8 file system, rather than one developed for Juno.

The latest Juno Getting started guide and our Juno Software Guide recommend that you get the latest Linaro Platforms images from Linaro Releases. Here you will find a link to the latest firmware and filesystem binaries developed for Juno and Versatile Express.  Please try the Juno software stacks at this location and see how you get on.

Kind regards

Michele

• Hi Steve,

I am not sure where you found the link to the LAMP image that you are using.  You appear to be using the generic armv8 file system, rather than one developed for Juno.

The latest Juno Getting started guide and our Juno Software Guide recommend that you get the latest Linaro Platforms images from Linaro Releases. Here you will find a link to the latest firmware and filesystem binaries developed for Juno and Versatile Express.  Please try the Juno software stacks at this location and see how you get on.

Kind regards

Michele

Children