This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Booting FVP : FVP_Base_Cortex-A75x4 : UBOOT and OE Linux

Hello Dear all , 

I am in process to understand and evaluate the booting of ATF + UBOOT + OE linux on Cortex-A75x4 (aarch64) . For which I am following the link https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/arm/arm-reference-platforms.git/about/docs/basefvp/user-guide.rst

Got the model : from https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/simulation-models/fixed-virtual-platforms

and setup the model as :-> FVP_Base_Cortex-A75x4 and set as per the above instruction , licensing etc . 

Now when I try to run the model , I get following Please go to both the cases (1 and 2 ) 

1 . Please suggest correct command lines 

2. what should be the correct way to boot ATF + UBOOT + OE linux on Cortex-A75x4 (aarch64)  , should there a change in compilation as just follow the instruction 

as per  https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/arm/arm-reference-platforms.git/about/docs/basefvp/user-guide.rst

Case ( 1) 

========================================

/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/model/models/Linux64_GCC-6.4/FVP_Base_Cortex-A75x4 --cores=4  --no-secure-memory --visualization --use-real-time  --gicv3 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/bl1-fvp.bin@0x0 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/fip-fvp.bin@0x8000000 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/Image@0x80080000 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/fvp-base-gicv3-psci-custom.dtb@0x83000000   --block-device=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/core-image-minimal-fvp-base.disk.img   --arm-v8.0

FVP_Base_Cortex-A75x4: unrecognized option `--cores=4'

Try 'FVP_Base_Cortex-A75x4 --help' for more information.

=================================================

Case (2)

So I updated the command line param and which did launch the simulation but it got stuck at ATF with below terminal asset 

==========================

Command :-> 

FVP_Base_Cortex-A75x4 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/bl1-fvp.bin@0x0 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/fip-fvp.bin@0x8000000 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/Image@0x80080000 --data=/home/vagrant/workspace/arp/build-poky/tmp-poky/deploy/images/fvp-base/fvp-base-gicv3-psci-custom.dtb@0x83000000

ERROR LOGS 

--------------------------

Escape character is '^]'.
ASSERT: File lib/cpus/aarch64/cpu_helpers.S Line 00035

===========================

Code at which it ASSERTS is 

/*
* Copyright (c) 2014-2020, Arm Limited and Contributors. All rights reserved.
* SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-3-Clause
*/
#include <arch.h>
#include <asm_macros.S>
#include <assert_macros.S>
#include <common/bl_common.h>
#include <common/debug.h>
#include <cpu_macros.S>
#include <lib/cpus/errata_report.h>
#include <lib/el3_runtime/cpu_data.h>
/* Reset fn is needed in BL at reset vector */
#if defined(IMAGE_BL1) || defined(IMAGE_BL31) || (defined(IMAGE_BL2) && BL2_AT_EL3)
/*
* The reset handler common to all platforms. After a matching
* cpu_ops structure entry is found, the correponding reset_handler
* in the cpu_ops is invoked.
* Clobbers: x0 - x19, x30
*/
.globl reset_handler
func reset_handler
mov x19, x30
/* The plat_reset_handler can clobber x0 - x18, x30 */
bl plat_reset_handler
/* Get the matching cpu_ops pointer */