This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Enabling pointer authentication on ARM FVP Base

Hello,

I want to use the ARM pointer authentication feature. I compiled a program with PAC instructions. I inspected the assembly and made sure they were properly inserted. I also compiled and ran an ARM Base FVP and was able to share the directories in order to run the program. However, the FVP gives me an illegal instruction. I am sure the kernel supports it, since it is version 5.3.0. How do I enable PAC so that these instructions would be recognized? 

Thank you for your help

Parents
  • the Armv8-A simulation model in the FVP is designed to support several different revisions of the Armv8-A Architecture Specification.  As Pointer Authentication is not supported in earlier revisions of the the spec, there is a parameter to enable/disable it in the model.  By default Pointer Authentication support is OFF.  To enable it, set the "has_pointer_authentication" and "has_enhanced_pac" to 1 in both CPU clusters in the FVP.

i.e., when you run the FVP, add to the command line:

-C cluster*.has_enhanced_pac=1 -C -cluster*.has_pointer_authentication=1

• the Armv8-A simulation model in the FVP is designed to support several different revisions of the Armv8-A Architecture Specification.  As Pointer Authentication is not supported in earlier revisions of the the spec, there is a parameter to enable/disable it in the model.  By default Pointer Authentication support is OFF.  To enable it, set the "has_pointer_authentication" and "has_enhanced_pac" to 1 in both CPU clusters in the FVP.

i.e., when you run the FVP, add to the command line:

-C cluster*.has_enhanced_pac=1 -C -cluster*.has_pointer_authentication=1

Children