This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Semihosting parameters of FVP

Hello,

I don't understand the concepts of some semihosting paramsters, For example:

1. semihosting-cmd_line:  What is this? When will this command line be execucted, and by what entity?

2. stack and heap related: semihosting-stack_base, semihosting-stack_limit, semihosting-heap_base, semihosting-heap_limit. What do the stack and the heap here refer to? Do  they relate to the firmware stack and heap running on the models in any way? 

It's much appreciated if you can educate me on these concepts, or point me to any resources by which I can learn them by myself.

Thanks

-Oscar

Parents
  • For #2, yes, these are the default values for the stack and heap pointers that code running on the model would use. It is normal for an application to specify these directly, but a simple 'hello world' would get these from the model, via the debugger.

• For #2, yes, these are the default values for the stack and heap pointers that code running on the model would use. It is normal for an application to specify these directly, but a simple 'hello world' would get these from the model, via the debugger.

Children
No data