This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ARM Cortex-R52 FVP UDP Port Mappings with User Networking

Guys, 

I've been working on porting a custom OS (with Networking) onto the Cortex-R52 FVP Model, and so far everything has worked well. We have been able to get the OS ported with the ARM Memory Protection unit. For Networking, we are using the lan91c111 driver with User Networking support enabled (-C bp.hostbridge.userNetworking=true). In order to map ports between the host machine and the fvp model, we are using the -C bp.hostbridge.userNetPorts="<host_port>=<fvp_port>" command. This command seems to work well for TCP, but not for UDP. For example, If I add a port mapping of 8080<->8080 between the host and fvp and send a TCP packet to the 8080 port, it is received. However if I send a UDP packet to the same port, it is rejected and not received by the OS. I searched through the R52 FVP documentation and was not able to find anything specific to UDP. The documentation says that User Networking supports TCP / UDP where the port mappings are dictated by userNetPorts command. Is there anything that is not mentioned in the document or something that I'm doing wrong ?

Hoping to hear from you guys soon.