This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sse-200 instruction cache replacement policy

I'm using a Musca-A1 board and looking through the documentation and the documentation of the Corelink SS2-200 I could not find any information regarding the instruction cache replacement policy... Can anybody help me with this?

• The is no explicit instruction cache replacement policy documented.

Here is what I can find from the Corelink SSE-200 Technical Reference Manual (TRM):

Ensuring the cache handles memory modifications
    The instruction cache does not support the ability to maintain coherency between an external code
    location with a corresponding cache line that is already in the cache.
    If the external location is to be modified, the system software must invalidate the cache. Having Secure
    cached lines in the cache that are not coherent to the lines in external code memory is a security issue
    that must be avoided. To maintain coherency when modifying code space contents:
    1. Disable the instruction cache.
    2. Manually invalidate the full instruction cache.
    3. Modify the code space content.
    4. Re-enable the instruction cache.

If SAU or MPC is modified so that a region in memory that is recently cached has moved from one
    security setting to another, because the instruction cache maintains the security attribute, it is not allowed
    a hit on the cached line using the new security attribute and results in a cache miss. Therefore, this can
    result in Secure and Non-secure versions of the same memory location residing in the cache and reducing
    its efficiency. It can also potentially pose a security risk if the older cache line is accessed again with the
    original access attribute when it is no longer intended to be available in that world. Therefore, Arm
    recommends that you invalidate the cache to avoid this risk. To maintain coherency and security when
    modifying code space contents security attributes:
    1. Disable the instruction cache.
    2. Manually invalidate the instruction cache.
    3. Reprogram and reconfigure the code area contents and security behavior.
    4. Enable the instruction cache.