This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Got AVD launching error

Hi,

I have just started to learn Android from the video series of "Android Apps Development Tutorial" and few android developer forum but i am getting problem in launching AVD. In the video series when they are launching AVD then "Bucky Phone" AVD is coming as option, But when i am trying to launch AVD then this "Bucky Phone" is not coming as a option and "Nexus 5 API 23 x86 23 Google APIs x86 750 MB" is coming and when i am trying to launch it(Nexus 5 API 23 x86) then it is giving the following error : "Cannot launch AVD in emulator. Output: emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration! Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable. CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!"

Please help me, I am waiting your reply.

Thanks in Advance

Parents
  • You need to have the latest version on intel haxm driver.

You can download it from software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-hardware-accelerated-execution-manager

You can also try to download it from the Android Studio interface
    -goto SDK Manager and Download Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer)
    -Now goto active SDK directory (C:\users\YourUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Android\sdk).
    -Now go to extras > Intel > Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager and run the file "intelhaxm-android.exe"

you also need to Enable Virtualization Technology from your BIOS

Thanks

• You need to have the latest version on intel haxm driver.

You can download it from software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-hardware-accelerated-execution-manager

You can also try to download it from the Android Studio interface
    -goto SDK Manager and Download Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer)
    -Now goto active SDK directory (C:\users\YourUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Android\sdk).
    -Now go to extras > Intel > Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager and run the file "intelhaxm-android.exe"

you also need to Enable Virtualization Technology from your BIOS

Thanks

Children
No data