This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Do ARM performance libraries work on RPi3 B+?

I want to boost my computations on RPi3 B+, mainly BLAS and FFT.

Can I use ARM performance libraries on the RPi?

If so, I saw that there are 3 packages for 3 different Linux distributions (Red Hat, Ubuntu and SUSE) which one I should choose?

• Hi Benny,

The Arm Performance Libraries are primarily designed for server and HPC use-cases, however will run on any AArch64 core.  In the RPi3 B+ the processing cores are Cortex-A53, which would be fine, however by default it runs a 32-bit OS.  There are many instructions online for changing it to a standard 64-bit linux userspace which would allow you to use Arm Performance Libraries.  The Pi is not a hardware we have optimized for, however the performance should generally be good enough.

If, on the other hand, you don't want you install a different kernel, etc, then probably OpenBLAS will do well enough for your BLAS needs.  Similarly FFTW seems to have a suitable compile option.  In both these cases I believe "ARMv7" is probably the option you are looking for.

Good luck!

Chris